Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Land of the Free

A study of the Britain's fascination towards American Pop Culture, by Photographer Steven Schofield




I'm not really surprised about their obsession with Star Wars and Star Trek, after all, those two series holds such high ground in Sci-Fi Pantheon that it would be odd to NOT have fans world wide.

I'm also not surprised to see Elvis impersonators in other countries, Elvis is pretty famous world wide as well (I could be wrong, but I think we actually call him Cat King back in Taiwan).


What I'm somewhat surprised by, however, is Native American enthusiasts.


I would never have thought that there would be people in England so interested in the Native American Mythos that they'd dress themselves in it. It's about as shocking as going to India and find Civil War reenactments.

Land of the Free And I am not Lying

No comments: