Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Man Who Walked The World

Stolen from Warren Ellis:
This is an ad for Johnnie Walker whisky. Not a brand I’m especially fond of. But this five-and-a-half-minute film, with actor Robert Carlyle narrating the history of Johnnie Walker, is really very well done. Yes, it’s an ad, coming from the ad industry’s vile notion of "helping companies to tell their stories…" But Johnnie Walker’s been around a long time, and has an actual story to tell. More importantly, this is a story elegantly and charmingly told, by one of my favourite actors.


Edit: Apparently all the youtube links were taken down in order to raise internet ire... at least, that's all I can find out about it.

You can still find the video here, unless they've been taken down as well.

I am suddenly overtaken by an unimaginable thirst that can only be quenched by any scotch that's not Johnnie Walker... which helps in the fact that I just drank my last, oh Grouse, you are my only friend...

No comments: